Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Confess, I'm Lazy

I will admit the truth that I have known since I was twelve years of age: I am lazy.  Oh, don't get me wrong; I have served my country as a Signal Corps Telecommunications Army Soldier, pulling my fair share of the weight of my team in the service of my country.  I've raised my children, some of those years as a single dad (over ten years as a single dad).  I'm not THAT kind of lazy.

But, when it comes to choosing on what I spend my energy, I am quite selective.  Sort of like those preselector tuning circuits in fancy shortwave radio receivers.  I can narrow-band my passion and tune out all of the other nagging tasks at hand.

For instance: I would rather tune in strange, exotic buzzing and twerpy sounds on the tropical shortwave bands, than sit here and explain how lazy I am.  So, until next time, I'll be sitting here hunting down those signals.  How about you?

73 de NW7US... dit dit

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand Tomas. I have been wanting to move my workbench into another room for about a month. I want to seperate my operating position from my workbench because it seems like even though I want to modify, restore and build lots of different radio projects, when it comes right down to it and my time is available, I will choose to turn on the station and operate! ARGH!!

    73 de KX5JT John

    ReplyDelete